Saturday, February 26, 2011

shift ideation: bike






This week kicks off the ideation phase of my senior project. I'm 1/3 done for the week, still need to play with the scooter and car, so check back for those before thursday.

I started with the bike since it's the simplest of the three, and this session I'm primarily concerned with aesthetics. Mostly the graphics of the frame. I'll be sketching on this stuff for the rest of the semester, so plenty of time to noodle the details later.

The two in red are not final directions by any means, way to early for that. They are, however, my favorites from the group. I'm going for minimal / bold / approachable, and I've discovered that bold and approachable seldom play nicely, so simple clean shapes seem to be the way to go.

- zack

No comments: